Remminton Brass is $!@$

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cabelas90, Mar 5, 2009.

1. cabelas90

cabelas90 Well-Known Member

I recently bought 100 rounds of remmington brass went to use them today and over 60% of them had dents in the neck then once i had resized them to fix the necks and primed them i was deburring and chamfuring 50 of the of witch 3 had split necks WTH
    [​IMG]

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

If thats new brass you got screwed!

I always resize new brass however.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Holly Crap! What caliber? What dies? Were you expanding them up?

Jeff

4. AF Shooter

AF Shooter Well-Known Member

Looks like someone got them stuck and pulled them out with pliers

5. cabelas90

.204 with a redding neck sizeing die i haven't gone through the other 50 yet and i mashed the case with pliers so i wouldn't use them.

6. Bitman

Bitman Member

I ordered 1000 remington cases from Cabela's. I have neck sized and deburred the flashholes on about 600 so far, and not found a bad case. These are also for the 204

7. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

The dents are common and from my experience they don't hurt anything. It has to do with the way they tumble their cases in large quantities. Usually they come with a little orange piece of paper warning about this, though that may be a Midway thing.

Split necks also happen. I've ordered may hundreds of RUM cases and usually get a few split necks. I've also had Lapua brass in .243 with split necks (2 of 100). Toss them in the junk bin and move on.

8. cabelas90

Well I'll just have to see what the other 50 look like.

9. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Its not uncommon to see dents in any bulk shipped brass. It is also not uncommon to see neck flaws in any brand of brass. In your case, you are seeing a higher number then average which I suspect is just bad luck. I suspect your next 50 brass will be better.

10. cabelas90

I shure hope so

11. britz

britz Well-Known Member

IMO small dents is not a reason to throw them away (it is a reason to be mad though!). I have had several wsm cases that I used way too much lube on and got quite a bit of denting on the shoulder. Loaded them up with a light load and fired them. after a couple loadings you can't tell the difference from the rest.