Remingtons Warranty

cinch

Does anyone have any experience with Remingtons warranty? I got a new 700 XCR Tactical 308 for christmas last year. I finally had a big gun cleaning today. Something was just not right with the barrel. I found it had an extremely rough spot from about an inch from the muzzle down about a foot. It is scratched so bad it looks like someone shoved rebar in it. I took it back to the local gun shop to have them send it back on Monday. Then I went back home to inspect/clean the SenderoII 264 I also got for christmas. I found that inside the action it is so rough it is actually galled. There are tool marks on the tang and on the bolt handle. Is this something I can return this rifle for? It is so rough that when i ran my finger nail over action it ripped a chunk off my nail. There were flakes of stainless floating around in the action. I was just curious if this is something that Remington will replace and if anyone has had any experience returning anything to them for warranty. Thanks for the info. cinch

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.