• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington VSS 22-250 for sale, like new

Jay03

I hate to do this but I just dont ever shoot this rifle. Its a limited run Remington varmint rifle, stainless 26" bull barrel non fluted with HS precision stock like a VSSF-II. Originally it came with a thumbhole laminated stock but now has the newer HS. This rifle combo was offered in a limited run of 250(not sure why) back around 2004-2005. They have made some like it more recently but Remingtons lately are not what they used to be. This rifle is pre J-lock and pre X-mark pro trigger. Made back when Remington built great rifles that drove tacks out of the box. Its in near perfect condition. Has 120 rounds down the tube. When I first bought it I had a rifle smith in WA true the action, chamber, barrel, lap the lugs, and surface grind the recoil lug. He also put a target crown on the barrel(it came from the factory flush cut??). I included some pictures of the work basically as proof that it was done. Was going to turn it into a 22-250AI but after he got started I changed my mind and kept it standard(didnt want to fireform). He also cut the chamber with shorter freebore so 50-55 grain bullets can be seated to the rifling if desired. From the factory it had a long chamber... Oh and the trigger has been tuned and breaks at about 3lbs or just under and it has a tubb speedlock firing pin spring. I have dies I will throw in as well as some brass, some new and a bit of once fired. I might have some H380 also to include if your a reloader. There is one spot on the bottom of the stock near the rear sling stud that has a rub on it that looks like dirt but it wont clean off. Its small and I took a picture of it. Other than that it is a beautiful rifle and shoots great, I did manage half MOA with reloads. Never fired factory ammo thru it. I have not fired this rifle since 2007 or so. It has been stored in a dry gunsafe all these years. Does come with the original box. Selling for 850 plus 25 shipping to your FFL. No trades, thanks.

I knew I would forget something. Rifle weighs 9lbs 0.5oz on my scale. I shot hornady 50gr boat tail and 55gr FB v-max, berger 52gr FB MEF varmint, and nosler 50gr boat tail ballistic tips. The bergers I shot are no longer made. I believe my best groups were with the noslers. All shot well... under an inch or so if I did my part. Im not the best shot. And be be fair to the rifle I did not do extensive load work up. I loaded enough to coyote hunt and a little shooting and that was it. The rifle has a vew coyote under its belt. Including my first called in.