REMINGTON TRIGGER?

300win

Working on a remington 700 in a 308. To make a long story short the trigger pull doubles when a round is chambered. I am neck sizing but the rounds fit perfect. I installed a new rifle basix trigger and a complete quick lock system and the same problem still exists. The rifle was bought in January and has around 250 rounds through it. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

It would probably be best to give a good smith a couple bucks to look at it. I have no idea the cause especially since it does it on a new trigger also. Must bew something to do with the action effecting it moreso than it being the trigger. Also has it been this way since the gun was new? Or did it just seem to happen? Let us know, JK

Yes rifle has been this way since new. I am thinking it is a problem of alignment between bolt and action or something similar to that.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts