Remington TI Opinions Needed

Blacktail

I have a chance to pick up a Remington TI in .270. The gun is in factory condition pretty much mint. Just curious if anyone can lend some opinions on it. Accuracy etc., should i float the barrel, probably need a new trigger or any other suggestions. I believe its the original TI and not the Alaskan.

I have one of the original TI's and I like it alot. It has been re-barreled and the action has been blue printed and I never shot it in its stock / factory form. I am sure yours will shoot fine. Remember that light weight rifles are a little harder to shoot accurately so shoot it awhile before coming to a decision on how it shoots. Most of my rifles I can get behind and shoot accurately right away. The TI takes some time to get familiar with and shoot it accurately. It will shoot .50" with two different bullets. The stock on an original one has pressure points near the end of the stock. If the rifle does not shoot well they can easily be removed with a dremel. Mine is free floated. I don't care for the .270 Win. but that is neither here nor there. Now I just need to draw a sheep tag.

blacktaile-what are you shooting at? i have two tis and my brother has two also. they shoot real good out of the box. they are a lot lighter than the senderos too.

What did u rebarrel it to? Did you stick with a similiarnlight contour bareel

Here is the specs for mine:

Remington Model 700 Titanium
Re barreled with Shilen 22" SS 1-9 twist #2 contour
7mm-08 Ackey Improved
Shilen Trigger
Leupold PRW Rings and Bases
Leupold 3-9 x28 Compact
2 loads 1. Barnes 120 TTSX(HBN) @3250 fps. 2. 140 Berger VLD @ 3000 fps.

I own 3 Ti's and out of the box they are Remingtons best made action.

Trigger job and your set to go with extreme accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.