remington stocks

D.A.T.

hi,i just bought a remington 721 in 30-06 for 200.00 its in great shape has a good barrel and has been tucked away for years.can i take a bell & carlson medalist stock and fit the 721 in it?ive heard of it being done but thought i best ask.

hi,i just bought a remington 721 in 30-06 for 200.00 its in great shape has a good barrel and has been tucked away for years.can i take a bell & carlson medalist stock and fit the 721 in it?ive heard of it being done but thought i best ask.

yes, with minor fitting in the safty area, also you may have to change bottom metal as the 721 was a "blind" mag. item i believe.

Last edited:
I did the same thing. BY the time I got done with this rifle it is A 700. Do your self a favor. put a timmney or the old style 700 (bolt lock)trigger with 700 saftey have it installed. You now have a 700. Drop it in what ever skt U like. And buy a BDL floor plate & mag box that is all U need.

thanks,i was curious as how it would fit.i;ll order the trigger tomarrow,just cant wait

LOL You have no idea what you haved started. Welcome to the world of making it the way you like it. O get the 2 floor plate screws to dump the small 3rd one. You will have to trim them down so the bolt lugs dont hit. Go to stocky stocks .com

to me a rifle is like a pair of shoes,if they fit im a happy camper.besides its time to have fungun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.