Remington SPS .223 thoughts

tanata

Looking at purchasing this gun to turn into my coyote gun. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the gun and if it is going to be accurate. I've been told it will shoot with the heavy barreled Remingtons.

Want to be able to reach out there and get them without having to worry about gun accuracy.

That will really depend on the specific rifle. SOme shoot very well, some are not so great. Typical factory rifle variations.

Depending on how far you are wanting to reach out, the 22-250 may be a better option for you if you want to push the range to 400 yards or a bit more.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I have a SPS in 30-06 that will one hole after some load development. I don't know if this is standard for 700's, infact I imagine I just got a better than average one. I would expect some factory deaviation like Kirby spoke of.

Aside from that it's a great gun for carrying around in the woods, or in the truck. It's got a horrible looking finish on it, so I don't care if I mess it up, stock is the same way. I just replaced the trigger in mine, and threw a scope on it.

My cousin just bought one in a 22-250. They look like they replaced the synthetic ADL's. He tried telling me thats what the "police snipers" use. I dont know if there is any truth to this or not. He will be loading up some shells here soon, so time will tell how accurate it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.