remington short action

screech

I will probablly be getting a short action that was chambered for a .243 and was wondering what you would build if it was you for a 4-500yrd coyote rig.

Are you wanting to keep the hides ? or does it matter if theirs a big hole in it? Our coyotes down here look raggedy all year their coats are never worth doing anything with so it doesen't matter if we blow holes in them.

The 6-284 with say a 55gr or 75gr bullet would be a lazer to 500yds and might not exit but if it does its gonna be messy
I know a couple guys that shoot 243 with the 55gr Ballistic tips at like 4200fps and the carnage is awsome , the 6mm 55gr Ballistic tip has a higher BC than the 55gr 22 cal ballistic tip and at that speed its kinda like a 220Swift on steroids

No, I want huge exit holes or they blew up so much inside that thier is none. Lots of expansion is my friend on this build. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.