Remington sendero ?

ol mike

Does anybody have any inside info. or even a good guess at what calibers remington might come out w/ next year in the sendero II's ?

And when will the 2007 rifles be announced ?
I'd like to see a 7mm stw and 338 rum . ___Mike

Hi Mike i doubt the 7mmSTW will come out as Remington are trying to sell more of the ultra mags. It would eb awsome if the 6.5-284 or 260 rem came out then it could be rechambered to other calibres. Also the 7mm SAUM would be an awsome rifle for long range and police use with the 175gr Sierra loaded as factory but it looks like the WSM's have killed the REM SAUM's

CHeers Bill
Australia

Wild Bill ,

I agree the wsm's have buried the saum's do to remington dragging their feet.
A 6.5-284 would be nice for sure -i think a short action would limit it to the standard type bullets though.And a long action might not be as attractive.
The 260 would make one heck of a longrange target / mid-range deerlope rifle.
A short action sendero II would be great i'd buy a 7mm wsm pronto ,i want something to shoot the 162gr a-max or better yet 180gr jlk vdl.The old 7mag would be ok but i'd like a little more oommpphh w/a long action but not quite in the 7mm rum league.
Tell you what i'll email remington and get a few of these on the way for us!Mike

The other two i feel that should be there is the 338 RUM now as it could be lapped trued and a muzzle break added and rechambered to the 338 Edge or other improver 338's or even left as is. and when Sierra comes out with the 375 MatchKings the 375 Ultra with a twist that will stabalise them and it would be great if they came with a detachable clam style muzzle break from the factory. Also the Sendaro in a single shot would be awsome for building true long range rifles. I would also love an XR100 in 7mm Rem SAUM with a 27 1/4" custom shop barrel. Now wouldent that be an awsome F Class and long range hunting rig.

Cheers Bill
Australia

I don't know a lot of the history of the sendero ,was the 338 rum the biggest caliber?
375 smk -375rum -i read that also -man talk about a big game stopper.
I have a xr-100 in 22-250 and have laid a caliper opened to 2.100=wsm length it appears it would work fine in the xp action.Might have to drop the bolt back to unload an unfired round w/a long bullet though.It is a great shooting gun w/ great wood to metal fit.It reassured me remington could build a good rifle!__Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.