Remington Sendero Stock???

StoneCold

Hi all,
I just picked up a .300 win mag sendero from a buddy at work for a song. The good news is it shot great first time out. However, I don't really care for the stock. I think it is an HS but it doesn't feel like any other HS I've had before. It is a stainless fluted but several years old not the new SF II. The stock is black/grey with a kind of blueish web on it.

Is the sendero stock different? If I get a long action varmint HS will it fit and be closer to what I am used to? Or how about the PSS stock?? What am I missing??

The new Bell and Carlson Varmint Tactical in long action looks slick...anyone have one of those??

Thanks for any help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SC

Remington outsourced stocks from one other stock maker besides hs-precision.
Maybe bell and carlson ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,
I just picked up a .300 win mag sendero from a buddy at work for a song. The good news is it shot great first time out. However, I don't really care for the stock. I think it is an HS but it doesn't feel like any other HS I've had before. It is a stainless fluted but several years old not the new SF II. The stock is black/grey with a kind of blueish web on it.

Is the sendero stock different? If I get a long action varmint HS will it fit and be closer to what I am used to? Or how about the PSS stock?? What am I missing??

The new Bell and Carlson Varmint Tactical in long action looks slick...anyone have one of those??

Thanks for any help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SC

[/ QUOTE ]

If it has an aluminum block in it, then it an H-S.

The rifle will fit into a LA PSS stock.

It has the aluminum block in it. Is it a differerent shape or style than the others? I can't tell why it feels so funky.

SC

[ QUOTE ]
It has the aluminum block in it. Is it a differerent shape or style than the others? I can't tell why it feels so funky.

SC

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the SF-II. The forend is narrower than the PSS or M-24 style stocks - I have large hands and I prefer the PSS forends.

i just ordered the bell&carlson varmint/tactical short action for my VLS this one has and adjustable cheek and butt plate 6 to 8 weeks out

Dead Beat - Let me know your impressions.

I just did a side by side with the stock on my LTR. The Sendero stock is about 3/4" thinner through the buttstock and about 3/4" less LOP. It also has a slight bit greater drop. For a stock on a 26" Hvy Barrel magnum I am not that impressed. It really does feel long in the fore end and short in the stock.

I like the HS stocks, so if I get a long action varmint will it be more like my LTR with a longer forearm or not?? I suspect the barrel will fit fine.

Any sugestions??

SC

right now i have 3 stocks ordered the B&C for a vls 308 win. choate ultimate sniper for my savage 233 and A5 laminate from joel russo for a short action savage not sure of the caliber yet ill put something up when i get all 3 here and can handle them

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.