Remington Sendero Rifles, how many variations?

tillroot1

I am wondering if anybody knows of how many variations of the Sendero was made by Remington? I have seen some with just Sendero stamped on the barrel, and I seem to remember some with Sendero II and last night a friend had one that had Sendero Special stamped on it. Is there any value difference in these models? The one that I saw last night, I believe was new, 7mmRM and had a tighter bolt fit to the action than others that I have had exposure to, maybe it is a older version, I am just curious. Thanks, Ron Tilley

Ron,
All I know of for sure is the original was the "Sendero". It had a blued, non-fluted barrel. The next that came out was the "Sendero SF". It was stainless, fluted version. At this time I think both were in production and available to the public. Then Remington announced that the Sendero was no longer being made, then came the "Sendero SF II". It's the one available now with the shiney stainless, darkened fluted barrel. The stock also changed with the newest version.
I have owned a couple of the first generations and one of the SF models. All shot extremely well. I now have the 700P model (Police) and it shoots equally as well. I haven't owned one of the SF II's as of yet, but would be willing to if someone donates one. I just saw one last week in .264WM and they are asking over $900.00. Get real. JohnnyK.

Here's my 7mmSTW Sendero.Dealer exclusive from 1997.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.