Remington Predator R15

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by reloader-51, Jan 21, 2011.

1. reloader-51

reloader-51 Member

I'm considering buying a Remington Predator R15 and want to know if someone could share their opinions about it if they own one? Thanks!

2. allstar

allstar New Member

I bought one 3 years ago and love mine. I have the 18" carbine with a2 stock. It's a killing machine once I dropped in a Timney 3# trigger.

3. Reeper338

Reeper338 Well-Known Member

I have one in a 204 with the 22 inch barrel and love it. It puts 3 shots in a clover leaf. Some people have problems with creep in the trigger buy mine is nice and crisp. Its lite enough to carry around all day.
    Later Pete

4. predator chaser

predator chaser Member

reloader=51,

I have had mine for two years. I have the predator 223. I use it for badgers, bobcats, coyotes and deer...of course squirrels also. I have tried to get use to the trigger but can't. I am going with the Geissele trigger, the enhanced version. I am use to 1.5-2.5 lb triggers. I am very very pleased with everything but the trigger. It is very accurate.

I reload with the sierra blitzking 55 gr. and the sierra 65 gr. spbt. I tried many loads and ended up with the exact loads the new sierra manual has for the AR/1x9 twist, perfect match.

I listed the animals above because with the 55 gr blitzking all but one animal out of probably 60 plus have stopped in their tracks(not counting squirrels and prairie dogs). I shot one deer with the 65 gr spbt, which dressed out at 140lbs(No hide, head or legs). It went through a rib going in and through one on the opposite side and stuck under the hide at just under 200 yards. 65 gr retained 56 gr.

I use Reloader 15, H335 and Tac(by Ramshot). Ramshot powders are not temperature sensitive.

I use Rem 7 1/2 primers only for my Ar's.

A bit long winded !!! Hope it helps a bit.

predator chaser

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  5. reloader-51

reloader-51 Member

Thanks predator chaser! That was a lot of info, but that's what I was loking for. Really appreciate it!

reloader-51

6. wbundy

wbundy Well-Known Member

I love mine. It's a killing machine. I have put a lot of work and extras into it, but I wouldn't have anything else. RRA Two stage trigger and the other extras u can see.

[​IMG]