Remington mod. 700 Police 308?

Miller

Is this equivalent to Rem. Sendero or are there differences? Haven't heard much about them and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them.
Thanks

The PSS's have a different H-S stock, includes a palm swell for instance and an extra stud on the forend so you can mount a sling and a Harris separately. The metal finish is also switched, no gloss at all, maybe called Parkerized. Otherwise they are pretty similar to a VS, doubt there would be much difference in base accuracy. For a while the PS's could be had with detachable mags, they were junk.

I have one. It's about the same as the Sendero. It has a HS Precision stock and a parkerized finish. I'm not sure which stock the Sendero comes with. Really, not much difference, from what I've heard. Oh, and the PSS's don't come with J-locks, like the new Sendero's do.

I have one in the shop right now being glass bedding, the crown being fixed up alittle and of course the rem trigger being worked on. the two rifles are basically the same thing. The sendaro is stainless fluted and the police is not. The finish is called parkarized as looks pretty high speed. The stocks are exactly the same as there both hs and have a full lenght bedding block. The only diffrence is the palm swell. When my rifle was stolen and went back to buy a new one i just about went for the sendaro in the .300 but alas i chose the police. Go to your gun shop and look at both, they both have a different feel and will ultimatly shoot about the same, .5moa with handloads. the police is limited to a few calibres so that might be the decideing factor.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.