Remington Match Ammo

rolltide

Hey guys. I'm looking for some info on the Match ammo being offered by Remington. Specifically, I wanted to get some info comparing it to the Federal and Black Hills. I know the reputation that both Federal and Black Hills have, but a local shop has the Remington and none of the shops in my area carry Black Hills and will order the Federal, but are way too proud of it. I plan to go by and pick some up, but hoped to get some real world experience from here.

I just got my new Remington R-5 milspec and I wanted to try to find a good factory round to use as a backup. I've read several posts by guys who use the Federal for this, and that was my plan, but would just like to know if anyone has tried the Remington.

Thanks in advance for the input,

Chris

I have shot quite a bit of the 168 Rem. match and find it accurate in most .308 rifles. Found it to be a bit slower than some of the other match ammo tested, particularly Winchesters.
Should work fine in your rifle, only one way to find out. Hard to beat BHA or Federal, they set a high standard for factory match ammo.

Thanks Ian. I plan on trying it next weekend. Can you recommend any online sources for Black Hills? I can't locate a single store that carries it.

Thanks again,
Chris

Natchez carries the Remington and Federal match ammo as well as the Hornady TAP for the 308 which has shows to be very accurate in every 308 I've run it through , on par with Federal and BH.
and Cabelas has the BlackHills ammo
both companies have on-line stores.

But realy don't rule out the Hornady ammo loaded with their A-max bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.