REMINGTON J bolt

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Sendero_Man, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

what are the differences in the new J bolt vs. the old style?

Thanks Sendero.

2. Jim Oliver

Jim Oliver Well-Known Member

New J Bolt vs. old J Bolt or older regular bolt??

Older regular bolt assembly has different main spring which does not drag on the inside of the bolt body like the
    J bolt mainspring does. The older bolt shroud does not have the hole drilled where the J bolt wart is located.

The guys at Brownell's told me the J bolt firing pin assembly can be replaced with the old style firing pin assembly with no problems. I have switched some of mine out successfully.

Also, I believe the J bolt firing pin assembly can be replaced by aftermarket parts.

Jim
    Jim

3. uncleB

uncleB Well-Known Member

The Remington "J-Lock" on there bolt was the worst idea ever (next to Hillary and politic's). the good news is that the J-Lock is an easy fix, you can buy a new assembly (firing pin, spring ,bolt shroud) from Gre-tan, darrell Holland,Sinclair,Midway and others. very easy swap.
    UB

4. oldfamily

oldfamily Well-Known Member

second the gre-tan upgrade

5. Sendero_Man

Thanks guys, my senderos are 8 to 10 yrs old. Not the new style are they ?

thanks....

6. Jim Oliver

Jim Oliver Well-Known Member

Don't think so--the J Lock guns came with two green "key like" devices to lock/unlock the J Lock. The J Lock is a small (about 5/32 in. dia.) plastic fitting located on the left side of the bolt shroud. Very obvious, even on casual inspection.

Jim

7. Sendero_Man

thanks Jim, just haven't seen any of these in Wyoming yet...

maybe make there way out here in 10 to 20 years like everything else.... LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

SenderoMan, here is the ever popular j lock and keys Jims referring to. [​IMG]

9. Sendero_Man

Hey if there in SD, they must be on there way here too.... LOL thanks for the pics... I have seen these, just had a Blond moment.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif