Remington experts please help!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by rugersmygun, Dec 7, 2009.

1. rugersmygun

rugersmygun Active Member

I have found a "remington 700 vs sendero special" 300 win mag rifle and have a couple questions before I purchase. The guy has the box and it reads..( VS Sendero Special) it has HS Prec stock and matte finish non fluted.

1. I cannot find any info on the net about this rifle (vs sendero special)?
    2. Is this a sendero rifle?
    3. What does (special) mean?

Thanks

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

Carbon wrapped barrel?

3. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Reminton has what they call Special Runs and it sounds like at some point they may have had a Sendaro Special run and it may have been at the request of someone. In any event here's the link...you'll see Special Runs...take a read, see what ya think. Chas

Remington Special Run Firearms

4. cinch

cinch Well-Known Member

That is what the old Senderos are. That is what they looked like before they came out with the stainless fluted model.

5. GNERGY

GNERGY Guest

I remember Cabelas was offering some different Remingtons on their website. Might be one of theirs.
    Tarey

6. Bull45cal.

Bull45cal. Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has one of the old sendero's. He bought his used from a guy in Alaska. It has the HS stock and a heavy (non-fluted) matte finish barrel. It sounds like the same thing your talking about. But, his is in 25-06 not 300 Win. Fine shooting rifle. I just wish it had a better trigger.

7. the444shooter

the444shooter Well-Known Member

Yes it's just an older model of the Sendero. I had one in .300 Win Mag, that was matte blued. Good shooter.