Remington 710 stock to a 700 stock

Hi nate-lab.

Dont put money in a 710rem or it will be lost. Save your dollard and get a new rifle.

Well i see nate has gone to asking ?'s for me:D I told him i was just going to keep the gun for a backup gun:D and that it wasn't worth a pluged nickle:D:D but o well he needs post:D

Yes i have Zach

well i didn't think you would ask and wanter to see what so other people might sak about it

The remington 710 is a very inexpensive rifle. My dad and sister both have one and they like them. I am not a big fan, but heck, they don't shoot too bad. I think both get right in that 1.5moa area and neither have played with ammo. Now, as far as upgrading them goes, I don't think it is worth sticking too much into them. IMHO it would be like pimping out a ford fiesta. The barrel is pressed into the action so rebarreling is out of the question. I don't think they accept the 700 trigger either.

I honestly don't know about the stocks being able to be switched, but my gut tells me no. Have you had your stock off of the rifle before? Maybe you can see an obvious difference if you simply compare a 710 and a 700 side by side. Measure the holes in the floor plate, distance from the hole to the recoil lug...

The remington 710 is a very inexpensive rifle. My dad and sister both have one and they like them. I am not a big fan, but heck, they don't shoot too bad. I think both get right in that 1.5moa area and neither have played with ammo. Now, as far as upgrading them goes, I don't think it is worth sticking too much into them. IMHO it would be like pimping out a ford fiesta. The barrel is pressed into the action so rebarreling is out of the question. I don't think they accept the 700 trigger either.

I honestly don't know about the stocks being able to be switched, but my gut tells me no. Have you had your stock off of the rifle before? Maybe you can see an obvious difference if you simply compare a 710 and a 700 side by side. Measure the holes in the floor plate, distance from the hole to the recoil lug...
The resson I want a new stock is because right where the bolt release lever is the stock chipped and now if you pull the bolt back to far the bolt just comes out. not fun when you need a second shot on a deer but the one on my wall didn't seem to notice! do you think i could get onefrom the factory?

OK, I did a little searching for you and I came up with nada. It seems the 710 and 700 do have different stocks. I wasn't able to find an aftermarket stock for you. The 710 wasn't made for that long so that is probably a good reson for the lack of aftermarket parts too. I looked at gunbroker.com and nada - which is another indication that there are no aftermarket stocks too. Everyone seems to sell their old stock on line if they buy a new one. You can call remington, but it is a discontinued line and generally speaking I've found that brand name parts are spendy.

One site I have found for gun parts was Numrich Gun Parts Corp, We Buy Parts I have never used it so...

IMHO, I'd jerry rig the stock w/ an apoxi or something to make it work and paint it if possible. Good luck, Mark.

OK, I did a little searching for you and I came up with nada. It seems the 710 and 700 do have different stocks. I wasn't able to find an aftermarket stock for you. The 710 wasn't made for that long so that is probably a good reson for the lack of aftermarket parts too. I looked at gunbroker.com and nada - which is another indication that there are no aftermarket stocks too. Everyone seems to sell their old stock on line if they buy a new one. You can call remington, but it is a discontinued line and generally speaking I've found that brand name parts are spendy.

One site I have found for gun parts was Numrich Gun Parts Corp, We Buy Parts I have never used it so...

IMHO, I'd jerry rig the stock w/ an apoxi or something to make it work and paint it if possible. Good luck, Mark.
I never thought of that :rolleyes: I wonder if i could get enough pressure on the release for it to work right if you have a chance you might look at your dads or sisters because I see no way of doing this thanks for the the help though!

As as been pointed out, the 710 and 700 stocks will not interchange.

But, you can swap them out with the addition of a few extra parts...the procedure goes like this...

remove your scope and the rings.....remove 710 rifle from under the bases. Slide a Rem 700 SPS rifle under the bases and retighten, reinstall rings and scope.

Sell any left over parts , like the 710 barrel, action and stock....Done.

710 are cheap but very accurate. Mine is 3006 caliber. They don't need a trigger switch as they come with a 700 triger and mine is adjusted to 2 1/2#. Overtravel and creep can be adjusted out also just as a 700. Mine loves 110 Sierra JHP with Alliant RL15. It drives the 110 grainer to 3465fps and I have printed a 4 shot 3/4" groups at 300yds with it. (Hot Humid 90 degree day with no wind---shot with a hot barrel) That tite group was aided by putting a Tasco World Class 6x24 varmint scope. It shot under 1" at 100yds. with the included 3x9x40 scope and cheap 180gr. Winchester Power Points. I tried the 110 gr. varmint loads, saw it was super accurate. Then I then put the big scope on it just to see what it would do at 300yds.

I know these are old posts but I just want to reply to all the 710 haters. I have been shooting a Remington 710 in a 270 for over 10 years and it has not failed me once. I also bought a 300 win mag in the same model. I will buy another in a heart beat. I reload for both of them and have groups under 1 inch. me the only thing I have done to them is free float the barrel and changed the Scopes. I still have the Bushnell Scopes and use them on other guns. I plan on buying the whole set of them. I would not trade them for any other gun.

The 710s are like bottom shelf whiskey... It'll get you drunk, but at what cost....

I've honestly used Purell after accidentally touching one at a LGS while picking up a MKV that was sitting beside it...:D

I have my fair share of M700s... My biggest issue with the 710 is how cheap they put stuff together. Im GLAD that Remington is producing more of the ADLs for folks.
Entry level rifle, yes... but a FAR better quality action and is easily worked if needed.

The 710s are like bottom shelf whiskey... It'll get you drunk, but at what cost....

I've honestly used Purell after accidentally touching one at a LGS while picking up a MKV that was sitting beside it...:D

I have my fair share of M700s... My biggest issue with the 710 is how cheap they put stuff together. Im GLAD that Remington is producing more of the ADLs for folks.
Entry level rifle, yes... but a FAR better quality action and is easily worked if needed.

Agreed. I'm probably the biggest 700 advocate on here...But I won't go near a 710 or 770. That new 783 is interesting, but not quite interesting enough to get me to buy one.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.