Remington 700 VSF vs Savage 10/110 Predator Hunting Max 1

Well, the problem is the particular rifle I ordered (10/110 Predator Hunter Max 1) is only available in a 1:12 twist, but at least that's an improvement over the 1:14 with the Remington. I scoured the Savage web site pretty well and don't recall any in 22-250 with a 1:9 twist, it may possibly be they do not offer it any more. I know the faster twist rates tend to burn out the barrels a lot quicker, that may be why they quit offering the faster rate maybe. I have made note of the load and bullet recommendations you have made and will give these a try when I get set up. I live in Northern Arizona at just under 7000 feet so then temps up here stay in the nice and cool zone, not like Phoenix and other desert areas. Yotes up here have more fur on 'em!! Nothing like hunting in the mountains......the elk are like jackrabbiots around here!! I rarely go into the hot areas so I'll give the "cooler load" a try! The desert rats are used to it I guess but I'm a mountain boy!
Still debating the optic I want, always seems like the reticle a guy wants isn't available with the scope choice or visa versa. Or the one you really want requires a home mortage! Gotta find another bipod too, another gun bag, probably gonna need a bigger safe now...good grief!!
Thanks again for trying to get me before I ordered the wrong thing, most guys wouldn't bother I suppose. I suppose if it turns out I don't like the rife (which I doubt), I guess I've got a good excuse to buy something else.....darn!
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.