Remington 700 SPS Varmint

rolltide

Does anybody have any experience with this rifle? My local shop should have one in later this week. Just curious if anybody has already purchased one.

Thanks,

Chris

Looked at one today. It has the flat black heavy barrel with a very light stock similar to the 700 LV except that it has the cooling holes in the side of the forend. Its kind of barrel heavy but if your an old ML shooter like I am it feels kind of nice. The forend is flat and should ride a bag or rest pretty decently. Other than that it looks like a SPS with a heavy barrel.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping to check one out this weekend. Just curious on the price of the one you saw. My dealer said his will be $479, which I think is a pretty good price point to start with on a varming rig that I can rebarrel later.

Chris

One caught my eye too. $469. I just bought a sendero, so I'll have to wait a while. But, It looks like a great deal on a nice rifle.

Grit, Understand about having to wait. I've been helping my dad decide on a new lightweight and ending up buying a Kimber 84M .308 from a guy who needed the money. Great deal for me, and it helped him. Only problem now is that I'll have to wait a while on the SPS!

Chris

Got the sf2 in 300 win mag. I Shot a box through it, then sent it to Shawn Carlock for a brake. Kicks too hard for the volume of shooting I plan to do with it. It shot great though. Should be fantastic after a little tinkering.

Roll,
**** life can be hard! I usually find three or four guns a year I need to have. Last year I only bought one. It was a bit strange. Now, we're a few weeks into the new year. I've bought one, ordered a new bow, and got my eye on a couple more. I tell ya, if a guy was to buy every one of these that caught his eye he'd be single in a hurry!

That Kimber's a great find. I'd sure snatch one up if a deal came along.

Ah well, I'm sure one of those varminter sps's will find my safe sooner or later. Or mabey I'll like the sendero so much I'll have to get the varmint version. Or maybe a Tikka. Life can be awful tough......

[ QUOTE ]
Got the sf2 in 300 win mag. I Shot a box through it, then sent it to Shawn Carlock for a brake. Kicks too hard for the volume of shooting I plan to do with it. It shot great though. Should be fantastic after a little tinkering.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey grit where do you live? I go to shawn carlocks shop all the time and I own a sendero sfII also. I live in post Falls.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.