Remington 700 SA Bolt

Discussion in 'Guns For Sale' started by Pete Lincoln, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Guys, i'm looking for a Remington 700 short action bolt, case head size doesn't matter, but the 308win head size would be preferable (with a 223 i'd open the thing up and instal a sako extractor), ive a 308 varmint thats lost its bolt, any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks Pete

2. Ray Meketa

Ray Meketa Well-Known Member

Pete

Finding a SA 700 bolt will not be easy. Lot's of guys are always looking for them (me included)and they will be expensive if you do find one. Add to that the cost of installing a Sako extractor and you're better off getting one of the new Pacific Tool & Gauge bolts from Dave Kiff. They are CNC made, Dave will make them to any OD dimension you want, they can be had with a Sako or Rem extractor, and he has a variety of bolt handle shapes (handle will have to be installed). I believe the base price is $125, a real bargain.

3. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

IF YOU CAN FIND A LONG ACTION BOLT THEY ARE EASLY SHORTENED, BUT THE DEAL DAVE HAS IS THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK BY FAR.

4. TOM H

TOM H Well-Known Member

I think pacific reamers is making one. Go over to benchrest.com I know there is another outfit making bolds and they can give you who it is. I think Dave's is less than $200.