remington 700 police 300 RUM???

losthelegend

I found a guy that is selling a 700 police in a 300 RUM with bipod, sling, 20 MOA base, burris tactical rings and a 3200 bushnell 40x for $800. He didnt hunt with the weapon only shot off bench. What do you guys think. I tried to find something similiar for sale but had no luck. Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.

That is a good deal. They are more than that for just the rifle. Shoot it until the throat is gone and then make it into a .338 EDGE.

Get a gunsmith to put a muzzle brake on it. Helps a lot but you will need hearing protection but you should be wearing that anyways. Get in touch with Kirby Allen on here or Jim See. They both have good muzzle brakes.

That is a great deal, snatch it! I would give it a good inspection before you purchase it though, that is quite a low price.

If you don't buy it give me his number and I will... .gun)

Ask him about the round count, then get a gunsmith to give it a once over before paying up if he's a local, but it sounds like a great deal.

even if the tube only has a few hundred rounds left that aint bad. +1 on the edge. I would actually go RUM but 6 of one half dozen of the other. I find that even in a sporter wieght the .300 RUM isnt bad enough to justify a break . I would shoot it and see if you can handle it, if not put a break on it. The other thing I would recomend is to ensure that your length of pull is correct because if a rifle is to long or to short the recoil feels alot worse, at least for me.

Wow, sounds like a great deal. I bought one 2.5 years ago and paid $1269.00 shipped. I could not find one local. The only thing I don't like is that thing kicks, but I am getting older and more sensitive. lol. I am glad I bought it, but am going to add a brake and maybe a seekins box mag. when it's shot out, i will upgrade to a 338 edge since I have all the brass already. Good luck. hope you get it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.