Remington 700 owners:

CSPSgt

[FONT=&quot]On CNBC this Thursday night, an [/FONT][FONT=&quot] ' [/FONT][FONT=&quot]expose[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ' [/FONT][FONT=&quot] on the Remington 700 trigger that allows accidental discharges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"REMINGTON 700 Under Fire" - CNBC Special Rpt Tonight - Decades old safety defect investigated[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Watch this Special Investigative Report on possible safety defects with this highly popular firearm.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Are the trial lawyers just ginning up a myth or is it a real problem which Remington Arms Co. Inc. knew about but ignored?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our press at it's finest again. [/FONT]
icon8.gif

BTW, the Remington rebuttal to this show can be found here: Remington

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I found the answers enlightening.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are the rest of the show times:[/FONT]
Thursday, October 28th 8p |12a ET
Monday, November 1st 1a | 4a ET
Wednesday, November 3rd 1a ET

I find it odd they are still showing this off as problem for 2 reasons.

1: every gun that they inspected had been tampered with(trigger mechanism adjusted outside manufacturers parameters) or was "conveniently" unavailable for inspection.
2: they continue to show this as if Remington (in the wrong or not) has done nothing to help the situation. Any Remington-nut can tell that the x-mark (new 9lb safety trigger) has been through at least 2 if not 3 generations of change, and each time it gets stiffer and stiffer.

The anti-gunners know they have to fight the giants one at a time. Remington is first I guess. (or the one in the spotlight for now)

ANY gun related story comming out of the liberal media is bullcrap.

Matter of fact ANYthing comming out of the liberal media is bullcrap.

I find it odd they are still showing this off as problem for 2 reasons.

1: every gun that they inspected had been tampered with(trigger mechanism adjusted outside manufacturers parameters) or was "conveniently" unavailable for inspection.
2: they continue to show this as if Remington (in the wrong or not) has done nothing to help the situation. Any Remington-nut can tell that the x-mark (new 9lb safety trigger) has been through at least 2 if not 3 generations of change, and each time it gets stiffer and stiffer.

The anti-gunners know they have to fight the giants one at a time. Remington is first I guess. (or the one in the spotlight for now)

+1

I addition to this Remington has taken steps to verify whether a trigger has been tampered with
or not. (The adjustment screw sealer now has a trace element that is only available to Remington
and cannot be duplicated). So dont mess with them unless you want to void any warranty or
liability.

If they are good enough for the rifle owner I just replace them with an aftermarket trigger.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.