Remington 700 bolt???????

J

JEREMY logan

I need to take a part my bolt to clean it . I was wandering if i needed a special tool to do it ? Thanks for any help..

The correct tool makes it much easier to do, but is not necessary.

You need to take a flat blade screwdriver or something similar. On the bottom of the shroud push the pin assembly out of the groove and insert a dime in the slot. At this point you should be able to start twisting the whole assembly off. You will probably need to use the screwdriver a couple times until it unscrews enough to come all the way off.

The correct tool makes it much easier to do, but is not necessary.

You need to take a flat blade screwdriver or something similar. On the bottom of the shroud push the pin assembly out of the groove and insert a dime in the slot. At this point you should be able to start twisting the whole assembly off. You will probably need to use the screwdriver a couple times until it unscrews enough to come all the way off.
THANKS I'LL TRY THAT ...gun)

I need to take a part my bolt to clean it . I was wandering if i needed a special tool to do it ? Thanks for any help..
Jeremy, you can disassemble a Remington bolt without any special tools, but I don't advise it. Brownell's has a tool that makes the job a snap. Item number 488-001-000, $29.95. The price is much less than the pain of skinned knuckles.
Papa Ray

I took the bolt apart but i didn't use a penny or dime . What are yall using the dime for?

Great Video

Yes it's really that simple. That's a great tip for in the field problems.

Southpaw

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.