Remington 700 barrel on a Savage??

Utah Shotgunner

In my quest to build an inexpensive 788 to "get my feet wet" with rifles after a decades absence I ended up with TWO pull off Remington 700 barrels.

Both are bull barrels.

One will go on the 788 chambered in 30BR.

Now my question. Can the other barrel currently chambered in .300 Win Mag be cut down and used on a Savage 110 action? I have had this NIB 308 Win. Savage for over a year and haven't done anything with it. If so I will make a .308 out of it.

Thanks,

Mike

Why not just shoot the Savage with the barrel that is on it? Savages are known to be very accurate factory built rifles right out of the box as is.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just shoot the Savage with the barrel that is on it? Savages are known to be very accurate factory built rifles right out of the box as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do so eventually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I bought it as a plinker to use up a bunch of ammo that I had from my M1A/M14 days. When I sold the last M1A I realized I didn't have a .308 in the safe.

After I plink all of that ammo, I want to put a heavy barrel on the rifle and see what I can wring out of the AccuTrigger.

A Remington barrel was not my original plan, but now that I have two of them..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.