remington 700 adl or savage 111

camoman80

Hey guys I promised my cousin i woud ask yall a question. He wants to buy a 300 win mag and he is debating between a remmigton 700 adl savage 111 and a weatherby vanguard. All four of them are in a 300$- 400$ price range. Wich one would yall suggest. He has no plans of building it up or anything latter he just wants a a stock 300 win mag hunter weight. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. So basically for that price range what would yall suggest.
Thanks guys
Camoman80

I love savage. Id go 116 though. However the stocks and recoil pads are pretty cheesy so he would eventually want to invest in a new stock.

I just picked up a 116 300wm kicks like a mule since the recoil pad sucks but for out of box rifles they shoot real well. The rifle is getting a new stock once im done hunting this year and have time. Midway has a variet of stocks at all price ranges.

Alright guys he is actualy looking at the stevens 200 now. I was told it is the same as a savage 110. If so what is the differnce betwean the 110 and the 116 that everyone likes, and is the 110 action worth getting. He is also lookin at a sightron 3x9 scope for it, I told him I thought that scope would be enough to handle the recoil but some backup advice would be great as well.
Thanks again
Camoman80

The Stevens is the same as the Savages. As far as 116, 110 and 10 series there isnt any difference as far as the action goes except between short and long. The Sightron is prety good, but I would personaly go with the new Nikon Buckmasters in any power he likes.

Go with the Vanguard. It will have a better bore and group better out of the box than the afore mentioned. Nikon or Sightron are good choices.

[ QUOTE ]
Go with the Vanguard. It will have a better bore and group better out of the box than the afore mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Or not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts