• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 700 ADL .308 Leupold VX II 3-9x50mm scope

Whitewolf393

Gentlemen,

I'm selling my 1981 Remington 700 ADL in 308 Win. The stock is true wood with some slight wear. The scope is a Leupold VX II 3-9x50mm, and the rings are Warne. Also has a leather sling. The barrel is a 22" sport contour. I am at least the third owner of this rifle, as the previous owner stated he purchased it from an older gentlemen who had it sitting in a safe. It appears to be in great shape.

I haven't yet fired it - not intentionally in any case (more on that below) - but did have it to field once but only carried on good weather. I was told by the previous owner that it was .75 MOA easily with match ammo.

Disclaimer - I did take it to a reputable gunsmith here in Virginia to have what I thought was a safety issue corrected. However, they only adjusted the trigger and set it to 3 lbs, so it may have been much lighter than that. I say because it fired when I was unloading it after having it afield, making me very lucky to have it pointed away and to the ground at the time :shock: I haven't yet fired it live upon getting it back but so far at least dry fire has not produced the same malfunction. I will be test-firing it this coming Friday at the NRA range and will post back the results. I had meant to do that already but haven't yet been able to.

I purchased the rifle as the package seen for 675.00, but am willing to sell for 625.00 shipped to your FFL in CONUS.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• DSCN0296.JPG
    DSCN0296.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0297.jpg
    DSCN0297.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0298.jpg
    DSCN0298.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0300.jpg
    DSCN0300.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0303.jpg
    DSCN0303.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0302.jpg
    DSCN0302.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Re: Remington 700 ADL .308 Leupold VX II 3-9x50mm SPF

Sticks, sent you a reply.

Bryce, thanks also for your interest. You're next in line should it not work out.