remington 700 ADL 300 win mag, can it be a long range hunting rifle???

Darrell Holland also makes a nice laminate stock that comes complete with the pillar bedding kit for $300ish. I have seen them at my local smiths, but I am not sure where he gets them from. I have tried to google holland and get very little info, except an Outdoor life article.

Hillajam,

I second Joel Russo for the stock. He has an awesome A-5 replica. Also, he is great to work with.

I like Vias brakes, however, the Holland brakes will be what you want for your hunting rig. It will cut the recoil down a ton.

I have a Remington model 700 ADL 300 win mag with a synthetic stock. Can this gun be a good long range hunting rifle with some good gunsmithing. What would you guys suggest to do to it to become a true long ranger.

I may be interested in that take off stock after you replace it. Let me know if interested.

I have just found this post, too. I can't help but notice that no-one on it asked the question I would have asked first, before giving any advice. How does your rifle shoot right now? And does it hold the same zero after being set in the rack for a while? Does it hold the same zero in different weather conditions?

I have a Remington ADL in .300 WinMag. I won it in an NRA raffle in 1998 in Lubbock, Tex. when I came home from Germany. Yes, it is in a synthetic stock, no it isn't pretty, no it isn't floated. It has a slight upward pressure at the end of the stock and is free-floated from there to the breech. and yes, the
trigger is a standard remington trigger, but I have adjusted it to about 3 1/2 lbs. The rifle will shoot a 5 shot group with Hornaday 178gr Amaxes that is less than 0.6in at 100 yards. It will duplicate this with 180gr. Ballistic tips and 180gr. Sierra Gamekings or ProHunters. It will put 5 Deepcurls into about .75in. That's about as good as I can do with a .300 and if the ADL in this forum shot that good with handloads, I would have just adjusted the trigger and mounted a good scope on it and hunted. Oh, yeah, it shoots under 3" at 300yds. So it stabilizes the bullet good enough for 8 or 900 yds just as it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.