Remington 700 7mm STW

Do a little research on these.Some people on this site have had negative experiences with the SPS models and some seem pleased.If you put it out,you will get good responces from those here that have them.

I see you are in ND. I spent over 3 years in Minot, thanx to the AF.I would had stayed if jobs were to be had then.It seems like times are good now.How does the population increase effect the hunting now.Between the antelope and deer,I barely had time for the ducks and geese.

Check BudsGuns if your looking for one.
They had two different models in SPS.
One had a plain 26 inch barrel and the other had a muzzle break.

Do a little research on these.Some people on this site have had negative experiences with the SPS models and some seem pleased.If you put it out,you will get good responces from those here that have them.

I see you are in ND. I spent over 3 years in Minot, thanx to the AF.I would had stayed if jobs were to be had then.It seems like times are good now.How does the population increase effect the hunting now.Between the antelope and deer,I barely had time for the ducks and geese.

If you are thinking about purchasing a Remington 700 SPS 7mm STW I would go this route instead for about the same price:

CUSTOM REM 700 7mm STW BDL BELL AND CARLSON NEW : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

never made a post so don't know where it will show up. Can a 700 Rem. Mag. be chambered to an STW? Is the magazine long enough? If this is not the correct procedure for using this forum..please email me and set me straight. thanks
yes, a m700 in 7rem can be re-chambered to 7mmstw and the mag is long enough for normal length loads.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

If you rechamber a 7 rem, can you just change barrels on the rifle or does the chamber need boring out.
Many here would say that you should put a match grade barrel on the rifle if you are bothering to do work to it. It depends somewhat on if it shoots or not to start with; if it's a so-so shooter ditch the barrel and get a good aftermarket barrel installed.

Many here would say that you should put a match grade barrel on the rifle if you are bothering to do work to it. It depends somewhat on if it shoots or not to start with; if it's a so-so shooter ditch the barrel and get a good aftermarket barrel installed.

Exactly what he said!

yes, a m700 in 7rem can be re-chambered to 7mmstw and the mag is long enough for normal length loads.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
thanks lefty. I am asking for my nephew. We both have senderos but he was given a 7mm mag. I suggested to have it chambered for stw for a back up.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.