Remington 700 700P 700 M24???

thanman

Hey everyone!! I have been a member on here for a while know!!! But most don't know me, as I am not one to post thing's, start, or reply to many threads!! I just search the forums for information, and read all the good articles you guys write! Any way! I did search around, but cant seem to come up with a for sure answer!! As far as a factoy new Remington 700 SPS, CDL, Sendaro, ext. A factory new Remington 700P .308 5R 24" Barreled action, and a factory new Remington 700 M24 300 Win Mag. Barreled action! Is there any difference in Receivers, bolts, and anything else relavant, as far as Trued, and squared, firing pins, extractors, bolt lugs, things of this nature! I am not concerned with long or short action, blued or SS, triggers ext. I am looking for something to use for my base, for a nee rifle build! Would I be better off, just ordering a custom action, and bolt? Also would you consider it a bad idea, to incorporate the Savage, Ramage barrel nut system, with a custom action! I now Shilen does this! I have done a couple short action Savage Semi Custom builds, and one Remage semi custom. I still have all them and they shoot very well for me!! I use them for hunting only!! The one I am asking all the question's about!! I would like to build it something similar, to what the PRS guys are using! I understand it will not be as nice as one of Team GAP's or Team Surgeon's rifles! But I want it to be something I can be proud of, and have fun shooting it!! I appoligize for my all the ?, and post being so long!! But I would truely, appreciate any help or advice you guy's are willing to share!
Thank you! Nate

Hey everyone!! I have been a member on here for a while know!!! But most don't know me, as I am not one to post thing's, start, or reply to many threads!! I just search the forums for information, and read all the good articles you guys write! Any way! I did search around, but cant seem to come up with a for sure answer!! As far as a factoy new Remington 700 SPS, CDL, Sendaro, ext. A factory new Remington 700P .308 5R 24" Barreled action, and a factory new Remington 700 M24 300 Win Mag. Barreled action! Is there any difference in Receivers, bolts, and anything else relavant, as far as Trued, and squared, firing pins, extractors, bolt lugs, things of this nature! I am not concerned with long or short action, blued or SS, triggers ext. I am looking for something to use for my base, for a nee rifle build! Would I be better off, just ordering a custom action, and bolt? Also would you consider it a bad idea, to incorporate the Savage, Ramage barrel nut system, with a custom action! I now Shilen does this! I have done a couple short action Savage Semi Custom builds, and one Remage semi custom. I still have all them and they shoot very well for me!! I use them for hunting only!! The one I am asking all the question's about!! I would like to build it something similar, to what the PRS guys are using! I understand it will not be as nice as one of Team GAP's or Team Surgeon's rifles! But I want it to be something I can be proud of, and have fun shooting it!! I appoligize for my all the ?, and post being so long!! But I would truely, appreciate any help or advice you guy's are willing to share!
Thank you! Nate

Same actions, same bolts, same triggers, same firing pins.....Only differences between them is stainless vs. chromoly steel...And the only other differences is the barrels and stocks. As far as the factory condition action itself, a 700 is a 700 is a 700...

What we need to know to answer your questions, is what caliber what cartridge, what you distance for shooting it, your intended use, and what game you're intending on hunting with it?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.