remington .300 win mag

A little update, just got a scope mounted tonight I found a gun store near that of all things had a vortex viper pst 4-16x50mm ffp moa scope so I bought it and some rings. When i get some time i'll take it out and do some shooting for now i have2 boxes fusion 180gr. that the dealer threw in for me so i'll give them a try and see... heres another phone pic Enjoy..:)

Attachments

• IMAG0521.jpg
    IMAG0521.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 14
Looks like a great setup...I'm interested not only in the rifle now but also the scope.

Share your impressions after you get to shoot the rifle and play with the scope a bit. The PST is on my short list for my next glass.

Well today I got out to shoot my 300. It was towards evening( 5:30p.m). so i only got 4 rounds through it.I left the trigger set at what it came from the factory as to see how it felt (will be adjusting that). First round was 2" high and 3" to the right I dialed in the adjustments and fired the other three. All were in the bulseye, farthest spread was 1.5" at 200yds. I was happy with the results for what daylight was left. I will definitely be going out hopefully this weekend for more rounds, For the scope I was very pleased with the adjustments and how it had moved the bullet POI where I wanted it. the glass appeared sharp and clear to me. reticle was sharp and crisp, i spent some time with scope in my backyard prior looking through it and playing with the MOA reticle, worked well, as far as the rifle in whole for what i've done so far i think it will be a very good start for me and am very happy with it.

i would really consider putting a break on it if your having trouble with it kickin. the break will make it feel like a 243.

To be honest the recoil was minimal for me. I was able to hold the rifle and watch the dust clouds behind my paper Target through scope as I fired the rounds.

I just purchased one of these rifles about a month ago as well at L.L.Beans in Freeport, Me. I was looking into the Savage LRH and found this one sitting on the shelf. I was sold on the 5R barrel myself and ended up getting this on myself. I'm also looking into getting a Viper, just not the PST model. I hope I end up with similar results. This is the first I have seen of the exact same rifle! Just wanted to pipe up for once.gun)

Heading to my dads tommorrow to shoot some longer distance ill give one more update after I get back and some pics of groups on paper

Update as I said. I got about 40 rounds through it throughout the day. farthest i got out was 400yds. I shot the center section first to see what type of drop i was getting according to my drop data corrected and then did 3 shots each on all four corners this was pretty consistant with all the others. Yes there was a wind and I am still learning to correct for that also.

Attachments

• IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.