Remington .270 Sendero

High to all. I am new to the group and would like to get back into long range shooting. Some 35 years ago I was on an Air Force team. Today my only long shooter is a Remington 270 Sendero. It is the old model- bull barrel and spider web stock. Has a Burris hi power variable scope. I have had it on the range and at 200yds it is less than 1 m.o.a.- shooting factory ammo.

The question is what should I do/not do to get into some good 600-1000 yd shooting? Is this even a practical idea? Let me know.
icon5.gif

John
Foley, MO

Not sure I understand your question but, I use the same gun. I think it's defiantly practical(since it's what I use:D). If you don't hand load you'll probably want to start. There's even a thread here somewhere with a ton of 270 Win loads in it.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I want to start long range shooting again and was wondering if the Sendero is a good platform. I'll do a little research on the site and see what I can find. Only found this discussion a couple days ago.

Take care and good shooting.

john

JOHN- the sendero is great. adjust the trigger (find remington crisp on the internet i have done hundreds) . put a good scope on it. i would use either 130 or 150 balistic tips . others here would use a berger bullet. roninflag

Appreciate the info. I had already ordered cartridges, with Berger 130gr, from the Hunting Shack. I do anticipate getting into the reloading arena. Presently the Sendero has a Burris 4.5 x14 Wide field II mounted on Talley bases. I have a Simmons 8-32x44 also. The Simmons is very old, but still in box and never used. Don't know anything about quality, etc of the Simmons. I do know it was made in Japan- not China.

Certainly appreciate yours and anyone elses comments. Good shooting-gun)

john

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.