Remignton 700 LA dimensions

JRu

I'm now contemplating ditching the Talleys for a Nightforce Rem700 Direct Mount ( 20 MOA ) as it should fit my Vanguard ( the hole spacing is equal, the rear of the base will float but I will bed the gap ). There's just one thing I'd like someone with a Remington 700 to measure: The distance from the rearmost of the two front mounting holes, to the ejection port. The Direct Mount has a recoil lug there and I'm only worried it won't fit Vanguard:

mountsdirectmount.jpg

If there's a gap on the Vanguard, I can bed it, but if I have to grind the lug away, I'll ruin any resale value in case it doesn't work out. So I'd appreciate if someone would check the measurement for me.

Hope this helps MkV owners as well.

Rem700dimensions.gif

Last edited:
Somebody over on benchrestcentral got .550" which is pretty much the same I measured in Vanguard. My guess is any Rem700 one piece mount is GTG on Vanguard with just bedding the rear end.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.