Rememingtom j lock

Dead Beat

ok im not the brightest light bulb out there. is the j lock good bad does hurt how good or bad the rifle shoots can it be takin off or should i leave it alone thanks Jim wannbe long range hunter

Not exactly sure what negitive effects it has on accuracy but Ive heard that it is not a good thing to help with accuracy , I'm guessing that the new desgine has a heavier firingpin which slows lock time and thats a bad thing in most cases and as for most factory firingpins its a sloppy fit.
As for changing it yes it can be done , their are several replacement shrouds on the market , but for the money I'd go with the whole shroud pin replacement setup from Gre-Tan , it comes with a new light weight firing pin , tight spring and new replacement bolt shroud that Aluminum the whole setup drops some wight from the gun and makes for a better fitting firing pin the cost is around $50 or so and its a simple at home swap

Hi Dead_Beat, the average person can easily change out a firing pin/spring assembly in a couple of minutes. I just got the two items below from Sinclair to replace the J-lock on a VSF.
Sinclair Firing Pin Removal Tool
PIERCEision Gun Works Remington Firing Pin Assemblies
Also added this trigger to the VSF and also a VS: Rifle Basix Rem Trigger LV-1 Model

Sinclair may cost a bit more than other places but they have great service and will spend time on the phone when you have questions. And they're much nicer to deal with than Sierra's tech support. Maybe I shouldn't have brought up hunting with Matchkings though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ok so the only specialty tool i need is the firing pin removal tool from snclair and the GRE-tan firing pin asslembly thanks Jim

thats all you'll need , the bolt break down tool is a good thing to have so don't look at it like your only ever gonna use it once , I break my rilfes down several times a year to totaly degrease and relube and the inside of the bolt is often overlooked by most folks

Does anyone know why the Sinclair seems to work with all Remington actions,but the Pierce clearly says it won't work with several othe Rem. actions such as the XP-100?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.