Rem700 Ejector Tuning / Removal

6BRBB

Hi.
I have had an issue with the two Rem M700 actions I have had (in 260Rem and 6BR) in that on ejecting the fired case the ejector pushes the neck against the side of the receive hard enough to dent the mouth of the case. The problem however does not seem to be so bad if you eject the case quickly (quick pull back action).

Has any one else has this problem? What was done to solve it. E.g. lightening (cutting down) the ejector spring.

A further question is it possible to run the 700 bolt with the ejector removed completely (empty cavity in the bolt face) – thus manually eject like a competition action; does this effect base of the case? I would like your views on this.

Thanks for your help!!

Glen

I've been taking the ejectors out of IBS Hunter and Varmint Hunter rifles for years. This means you have to manually remove the fired cases. The only time that the "empty hole" is a problem is when you put too much powder in the case! On my own "Critter" guns I usually cut the spring enough to barely eject the fired case.

I've been taking the ejectors out of IBS Hunter and Varmint Hunter rifles for years. This means you have to manually remove the fired cases. The only time that the "empty hole" is a problem is when you put too much powder in the case! On my own "Critter" guns I usually cut the spring enough to barely eject the fired case.

I will second that.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.