Rem VTR has arrived

wildcat

It's not just one person wildcat. And good luck giving advice to Nonya. He believes he was sent here to judge everyone else's equipment, means and methods of legal hunting, and now it's clear he values other forum members inversely proportional to the costs of their rifes and, proportional to the number of animals they kill (but there's a critical condition here - only those animals killed according to Nonya methods of Fair Chase). He's all about posting his opinions, which he highly values. Regardless, I have to agree with ss7mm and others. Not impressed at all with Nonya, or his posts. It's opinion time... Nonya's posts suck big time and display a complete lack of respect and total disregard for others on this forum.

In the effort to stay "on Thread", let me say one thing for the Rem RTV - it has way more character than Nonya. Now so as to not hijack this thread, I turn it back to Nonya land - where the supply of opinions are unlimited and they are valued accordingly - too much supply and no demand means they're essentially worthless.

rtv900: "I really liked this forum. Over the past few weeks it seems like some of you have been really sensitive and posting nasty comments or at least testy comments about and to each other. That gets old fast." It has to do with a "cause and effect" syndrome that behavioral scientists commonly refer to as the Nonya effect. :p

Last edited:
Regardless of who doesn't likes who you have to give some kudos to Remington for going outdside the box like this. It's good to know that we have a manufacturer willing to offer a rifle like this. Does the barrel offer any advantages over a conventional heavy barrel? I would assume it would have been done long ago if so.

Well it looks like he has worn out his welcome. At least that is what it sounds like. Something must have gone on with him because I know I have always been treated well. I have asked a bunch of silly questions and no one has treated me with any ill will. Hopefully we can get back to the fun business teaching and learning long range shooting. I have enjoyed most of the posts and I cannot thank you guys enough for being so generous to me. I have really learned a lot and I look forward to the day when I know enough to really contribute. Until then I will continue to learn and try to promote respecting others. After all I truely believe that when you dont know something you should say so and then listen up because others will help ya!!

Good luck with the rifle. Thanks for the pictures. I think it is a cool gun. Not cool enough to bash on someone elses rifle or to start a thread that ends up like this though.

Kirby, I am the one that posted $6000.00 set up, I ment rifle and scope together. Sorry, I should have put that in my post.

W.

I got one of these rifles in 308 and i have to admit that it feels and shoots great. I lightened the trigger and filled the stock with sand. I am useing berger 175gr vld and 4895. Shot a 1in group @ 200 today. I have 3 bench rifles 2 stolle's and a viper, they have there place, but for a hunting rifle i dont think that you can go wrong with a rem 700 or a sav 12.

Lets get back to the shooting and hunting. This going back and forth is like a couple of teenagers bickering.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.