Rem sendero 7MM REM MAG

deadidarren

gday all darren from au here .

i have been researching the rem sendero sf11 in 7mm REM MAG but most of the stuff i have found is old .

now the question is, are the new sendero sf11 any good as i keep hearing that rems qc is not what it used to be .

the rifle will be used for fallow deer out to 700 yards but the average is around 550y

cheers D

and thanks in advance for any replies

I have one.
and I did have a chamber problem, but it was put right.
in general I think factory rifles are a lucky dip. you expect a perfect rifle. but sometimes you do get a problem... just keep your docket until you know it shoots well.

in saying this, id buy another one.... why... ? what other options are there with a 7mm rem mag, with a good solid stock and a heavy 26 inch barrel with plenty of magazine length for reloading.

check out ... Knowledgebase

better yet buy his first book, hes a member here but a very busy guy. the book basicly reviews different rifles in what makes a good long range hunting rifle, off the shelf. his opinion comes from this clients rifles that go to him for accurizing. sure you could just throw cash at a custom rifle, but if you don't have money to burn this book will be money well spent.

Welcome to the site.

First off, I am a HUGE fan of the 700 rifles. Always have been, and always will be. I have a couple Sendero SF rifles, and a 5R MilSpec, and they are tack-drivers.

Some folks will tell you that they are nothing more than a heavy-barreled SPS with an HS stock, and use the same QC standards...However, I have seen several 700 rifles that won't shoot (I own one), but I have NEVER seen a Sendero that wouldn't shoot. Which leads me to believe that Remington might spend a little more time massaging them for better accuracy, OR they might use hand-picked parts for straightness.

Honestly, I don't know...But I do know that I have never seen a Sendero that wouldn't shoot, unless the barrel was shot-out.

I bought one this year and have been pleased. It likes the Berger 180 vld's so that's what I feed it. I am getting really good life from my brass, neck size and run (Lee collet ). No need to bump shoulder much, I'm on my 6th or 7th reloads, yet, they still feed like glass.I'd like to post some pics once I learn how, I've been shooting some nice groups, my last was at 100 yards, .257 group for 3. 200 and 300 yard groups are coming in 1/2 moa or better. Havent stretched it past 300 yards yet.

thanks for the replies sound good so far .

i have a howa 7mm and it shoot good for a sporter, i wish they made long action
heavy barreled rifles.

any way this is the best group so far it is only 3 shots and it normally will hold
1" to 1.2" .

Attachments

• IMG_0473 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0473 (Small).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0474 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0474 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 112
I bought one this year and have been pleased. It likes the Berger 180 vld's so that's what I feed it. I am getting really good life from my brass, neck size and run (Lee collet ). No need to bump shoulder much, I'm on my 6th or 7th reloads, yet, they still feed like glass.I'd like to post some pics once I learn how, I've been shooting some nice groups, my last was at 100 yards, .257 group for 3. 200 and 300 yard groups are coming in 1/2 moa or better. Havent stretched it past 300 yards yet.

gitira6
read this for pis posting it's easy http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/how-upload-pictures-directly-your-computer-lrh-72135/

well a Rem sendero 7MM REM MAG it is i just ordered it today should be here by the end of the week , here's hopping for a good one' gun)

Congrats! You will enjoy it, I have no doubts. I have a few Senderos myself (7mm STW, .25-06 A.I.)... And hopefully will have another one (7mm RM) in a few months.

And, the good thing about the caliber and rifle you ordered is that if you ever want to venture on over to the dark side, you could always have the chamber reamed out to 7mm STW for even more oomph at even longer ranges. :D

well i finally got it .

when did the sendero have a barrel without the narrow flutes up the receiver end

the flute on this one are the same width the full length ? but are still black.

cheers D

well i finally got it .

when did the sendero have a barrel without the narrow flutes up the receiver end

the flute on this one are the same width the full length ? but are still black.

cheers D

I thought all the SF II Senderos had same-width flutes...

Have you shot it yet? How's it grouping? Post some pics of it.

I thought all the SF II Senderos had same-width flutes...

Have you shot it yet? How's it grouping? Post some pics of it.

the 1st pic is what i can find on google and the rest are of mine

cheers D

Attachments

• 700SenderoSFII-prod (1).jpg
    700SenderoSFII-prod (1).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0635 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0635 (Small).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0637 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0637 (Small).JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0639 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0639 (Small).JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 148
That's interesting...The flutes look like my Accumark flutes. I kind of like the way yours was done, it makes it unique. I've never seen one with flutes like that. Might want to call Remington and find out what happened...Yours could have been send through the custom shop or something? Who knows...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.