Rem 7600/7615 Barrels

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Wild_Bill, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Hi all i am trying to find out if their is any one that makes aftermarket barrels for the Remington7600/7615? I would like to build a 7600 up into a 6.8SPC and use the AR magazine adaptor. The bigest issue is i believe the recoild lugs are in the rear of the barrel if so this could be machined but i would rather if i fould someone that made the barrels and had them already chambered. As they are all based on the Rem 760 20ga Pump action shotgun action i believe the conversian could be made to work on the older actions. Could any one please post a picture of a barrel taken out or email it to me and if you know where i could get a barrel please post it or message me.

Cheers Bill
    Australia

2. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

doesn't the barrel just screw into a block which bolts to the reciever, all you need is a 7615 and a 270 barrel and set it back, or get a 270 set the barrel back and get the parts to conver to the AR mag.
    JS

3. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

James if that is true it will be great but i thought they had the locking lugs in the back of the barrel but it might be possible to get an adaptor and do what you have described.

Cheers Bill