rem 721 for LR

JWP25

Will a Rem. 721 make a good action for a long range rifle build,and will 700 triggers and stocks work with them

Yep.... it'll work just fine... Many guy's, like myself would prefer one in a custom build as a LR or F-class rifle.

Will a Rem. 721 make a good action for a long range rifle build,and will 700 triggers and stocks work with them

Yes, it will work.

Triggers, bolts, and stocks will interchange.

The one thing about the trigger is the safety. The action will have to be notched on the rear tang. Not a big deal, about 5 minutes with a dremel.

Recently built one for a customer. 6.5X284, Pendleton gunstock, Jewell trigger, Benchmark Sendero taper barrel in a 8 twist. Its a real shooter. I milled the reciever for the 700 trigger assy.

A friend of mine has a Texas Brigade Armory rifle for sale on the Hide built on a 721. Here's the link:

FS Texas Brigade Armory .300WSM long action - Sniper's Hide Forums

The 721 is the predecessor to the 700 long action. They were made from 1948 to 1962 (give or take a year or two). Had a few bolt issues if I remember correctly. I think with broken extractors but not sure. The fix is to just buy a new PTG bolt to fit and voila, you got an up to date action. Oh and drop in any new trigger too.

Aside from being an all around pretty gun action, I think a lot of the open sight target guy's like the striper cut in the top of the action for competition; much like the 40XB's have. At any rate it's a nice action to build on...
Just my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts