Rem. 700 XMARK Trigger Adj. ??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by B_Freligh, Jul 2, 2011.

1. B_Freligh

B_Freligh New Member

Need non gunsmith advice on how to adjust this trigger. Have a Rem 700, LVF 22-250 and need advice as to how this trigger is best adjusted.

2. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

If I am remembering correctly, there is only one screw.?

I got mine down to a little over 2 lbs, any lighter than that and it wouldn't cock the firing pin back when I closed the bolt.

3. BEAR CARAWAY

BEAR CARAWAY Active Member

good luck... i could not get mine loose, the sear adj screw was really glued in... replaced it with a timmey... it is on a 700 in 220 swift...sweet... once again good luck.

4. hifi

hifi Member

another vote for another trigger, I used a rifle basix.

5. cornchuck

cornchuck Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me did Bear Caraway. I got mad and ordered a timney from Midsouth. Got it put in and adjusted down to 2 Lbs. Really easy to do. Had to file down some of the stock because when I adjusted the trigger, the screw rubbed on the stock. Plan on getting another for another gun of mine.

Jason

6. NWdan

NWdan Well-Known Member

Try heating up the adjustment screw and then you should be able to break it loose for adjustment. I used a soldering iron on the head of the screw and was able to free it up. Without heat I think it'll strip or break before coming loose. Once freed up for adjustment, these can make very good triggers. It is worth a try, you can always buy aftermarket.