Rem. 700 XMARK Trigger Adj. ??

B_Freligh

Need non gunsmith advice on how to adjust this trigger. Have a Rem 700, LVF 22-250 and need advice as to how this trigger is best adjusted.

If I am remembering correctly, there is only one screw.?

I got mine down to a little over 2 lbs, any lighter than that and it wouldn't cock the firing pin back when I closed the bolt.

good luck... i could not get mine loose, the sear adj screw was really glued in... replaced it with a timmey... it is on a 700 in 220 swift...sweet... once again good luck.

I had the same thing happen to me did Bear Caraway. I got mad and ordered a timney from Midsouth. Got it put in and adjusted down to 2 Lbs. Really easy to do. Had to file down some of the stock because when I adjusted the trigger, the screw rubbed on the stock. Plan on getting another for another gun of mine.

Jason

Try heating up the adjustment screw and then you should be able to break it loose for adjustment. I used a soldering iron on the head of the screw and was able to free it up. Without heat I think it'll strip or break before coming loose. Once freed up for adjustment, these can make very good triggers. It is worth a try, you can always buy aftermarket.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.