rem 700 vs SAUER 202

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by soundwaves, Jan 23, 2014.

1. soundwaves

soundwaves Well-Known Member

the title sais it all. one of my mates is concidering a rifle for hunting he thinks the sauer has outstanding quality compared to the cheap model 700 ??? but the model 700 is a proven rifle. what do you guys think about this. what is a beter rifle ? l mean generaly eaven if he doesnt consider these 2 but has to decide between GERMAN arms or AMERÄ°CAN.
    so what do you guys have to say about this. if 700 or american WHY ? if 202 or german WHY ?

2. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Sauer 202 is in the same class of rifle as the Blaser so you're kind of comparing a Chevy Blazer to a Mercedes cruiser class here... .

If you were talking about a full custom built on a 700 action or 700 clone you'd be talking about equals quality wise but if we're talking straight from the factory they are in different leagues.

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it any better...Which is why I haven't responded to it yet. But that is a great comparison.

Sauer makes excellent guns, but factory they are precion made rifles. A Remington 700 still needs work even after it leaves the factory, before it can be considered a precision piece of equipment.

I love Remington 700's. I have quite a few of them. But one day I hope to build off of a custom action.