Rem 700 SS vs Ti Weight

SES50

What is the weight savings of Titanium over Stainless Steel in the remington 700 action? Is it that significant?

and size for size the Ti action would not be as strong as a CM action , that might be somthing to think about also. You will be able to drop alot more weight using one piece ring/base setup , an ADL style stock , have the bolt fluted and lightened and a thinner conture barrel.

or use one of the realy light weight stocks from McMillan , Lone Wolf , Manner's or Hightech Specialties , they all make a stock that right around 1 lb

I have a Rem Titanium in 7mm-08
As a lightweight hunting rifle it is great.
That said, it has given me a lot of grief to get to shoot right. More than a lot of other rifles.
I have finally got a load that shoots .5MOA but "unfortunately" with the 162gn A-Max. I wanted to shoot a 140gn TSX but it just won't shoot anything under 150gn.
It took a lot to learn how to shoot accurately with this rifle, I've had it for about 3 years now and probably put at 500 rounds through it before I had a handle on it.
I am thinking of getting it rebarreled so I can shoot the 140 grain ullets and also it seems to be a fairly "slow" barrel by standards if my chrono results are anything to go by.
I also want to do some mods to the stock and bedding - the forearm is way to flexible so I have thought about milling out a channel and inserting an alluminium arrow tube and bedding it in to stiffen the forend.
As a long range rifle, well, I haven't tried it past 350yards, but I can hold MOA out to that range, so I'd say it's a very nice backpacking/sheep hunting rifle, but not really a real long range rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts