Rem 700 recall

Boman

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering when do you think the model 700 recall will end? Or at least when do you think 700s will hit stores again? I'd like to pickup a Sendero in 7mm mag to get ready for the season. Do you think I'll be able to get one or should I start looking elsewhere? Thanks

If you can find one, buy it, and just swap in a Jewell trigger, and then you won't have to worry about dealing with any of that stupid recall.

Just my $0.02...

Thanks fearnowind, I saw that one but its a bit rough looking for the price. Why do you prefer a timney?

I have 2 that needed the recall and I was told a year to year1/2 before I'd get them back and I've looked everywhere for aftermarket triggers and there all sold out..
So I called timney directly and had mine in 4days. Thanks timney!!:D

Oh my god...can they stay in business without selling rifles for a year to year and a half?

The only bolt action rifles in the gun stores in my area I've see on the shelves are 770s and 783s ... and they are not doing very well as intended/designed to. Hopefully, they'll recover from it and soon.

A friend of mine was looking for the new Remington 700 LRH (7mm) at Cabelas a few weeks back when the recall started. The guy at the counter said they are in the back, waiting to go back, they couldn't sell them. My buddy called again this past Saturday and they told him they just received a new shipment, but all the had left was a 25-06. He was informed he could place a special order and get one.

I don't know if this helps, but to know they are coming back out is good news.

A friend of mine was looking for the new Remington 700 LRH (7mm) at Cabelas a few weeks back when the recall started. The guy at the counter said they are in the back, waiting to go back, they couldn't sell them. My buddy called again this past Saturday and they told him they just received a new shipment, but all the had left was a 25-06. He was informed he could place a special order and get one.

I don't know if this helps, but to know they are coming back out is good news.
Hmmm, maybe I'll see one of those somtime soon, as well....I've been wanting to build a 2nd .25-06 AI..... Might have to sell the .257 Roy and buy 2 new 700 LR's in .25-06 and 7mm RemMag. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.