Rem 700 in 338 Laupa

bjlooper

I have a Rem 700 action with a H&H bolt face. I'm intrested in opening it to 338 Laupa. What is involved? Also I would like a detachable Magazine, who makes the best system?

Maby this should have been my first question would the 338 RUM or 338-300RUM be a better choice.

Thanks
DR B

the 338-300 rum would be cheaper and performace wise the same as the Lapua. you can get the badger dbm.

d-a

The 338 Edge would be an easier converion for your rifle and ballistics are mentioned are the full equal to the standard 338 Lapua.

Only issue is if the Badger Ord. DM system is long enough for the 338 Edge loaded with long bullets. The Wyatt extended mag box may be a better choice to offer you more length in your ammo.

Kirby Allen(50)

ShawnC is having a detachable mag design built at the moment that will accomadate a 338 lapua or 338 Edge with an AOL of 3.900" but i would choose the 338 Edge over the LApua for your action as it will be less work.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.