rem 700 bullets

fishingdude7

Just got a rem700ADL new from garts (they had a massive sale last weekend). Wondering what the barrel twist is cuz I cant find any information about it. its a 223rem and am curious because I know twist influences what type of bullet you want to reload. Also, if anyone knows the twist, what grain of bullet would you reccomend loading for it?

I'm gonna bet on it being a 1n9 twist ( I could be wrong ). Try the 69 grain SMK's for accuracy.

awesome thanks, so they will support a heavier bullet i take it. Also, i realize ive been asking quite a few questions lately, dont know much about this stuff and just trying to educate myself.

Actually - No - They will not support a heavier bullet. A 12 twist will normally shoot bullets from 50gr-52gr-55gr. You may also get good results with the 40's but that is something that only the rifle can tell you.

You would need a 9 twist to accomodate heavier bullets like the 69 SMk or 75 A-Max. Bullets heavier than that would require at least an 8 twist.

Personally, I'd start with the 50gr - 52gr bullets and then work from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.