Rem 700 6mm BR

Canadian Bushman

Just re barreled my S\A rem 700 to 6mm br.

Trued rem 700 w/ bushed firing pin
Krieger 30" .236 I.D. 1:7.5 mtu contour
Timney trigger
B&C medalist stock
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 nxs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 172
I havent finished working up a load yet, but it looks like 29.8 gns of varget and the little berger 105 hyb @ 2840 is showing some promise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 131
Nice! I just had one of these built myself, it is amazing! I'm shooting 30gr Varget with the hybrids and 28.6gr h4895 with the 105 vlds. Is yours a repeater? I went with the wyatt's br box. It feeds really well but is kind of a pain to load. I usually load it single shot. It is easily the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

That's beautifu, Bushman. Now all you need is a good Kuiu camo paint job on that stock. :)
Of all the rifles I own my 6BR remains my favorite. It's not packaged as nicely as yours (6BR Norma from Bartlein, Rem 700 SA on a Choate tactical stock with a Leupold V3 6.5-20x50) but it puts 'em in one ragged hole at 200 yards with 28.6 grains of Varget behind 107 Sierra MKs and 2750fps. gun)
It performs perfectly out to 600 yards, gets a bit tricky in the wind at 800 and I'm still working on improving its performance (or perhaps my performance :D) at 1K. But it gets there just fine.
I have talked with guys who say they have successfully pushed the load over 30 grains of Varget but I can tell you that 30 grains is too much in my rifle (waaaay too much) with the chamber I have. With the results you're getting I suspect you'll find perfection with a bit of bullet seating adjustments.

Nice! I just had one of these built myself, it is amazing! I'm shooting 30gr Varget with the hybrids and 28.6gr h4895 with the 105 vlds. Is yours a repeater? I went with the wyatt's br box. It feeds really well but is kind of a pain to load. I usually load it single shot. It is easily the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.

No its not. And doesnt eject a spent case either.

That's beautifu, Bushman. Now all you need is a good Kuiu camo paint job on that stock. :)
Of all the rifles I own my 6BR remains my favorite. It's not packaged as nicely as yours (6BR Norma from Bartlein, Rem 700 SA on a Choate tactical stock with a Leupold V3 6.5-20x50) but it puts 'em in one ragged hole at 200 yards with 28.6 grains of Varget behind 107 Sierra MKs and 2750fps. gun)
It performs perfectly out to 600 yards, gets a bit tricky in the wind at 800 and I'm still working on improving its performance (or perhaps my performance :D) at 1K. But it gets there just fine.
I have talked with guys who say they have successfully pushed the load over 30 grains of Varget but I can tell you that 30 grains is too much in my rifle (waaaay too much) with the chamber I have. With the results you're getting I suspect you'll find perfection with a bit of bullet seating adjustments.

Im not in too big of a hurry to try for that kind of accuracy until all the brass has been fireformed and the barrel has a few more rounds down it. And im not sure i can shoot that well anyways.

At 31 grains and 2925 fps i called it max, i was consistently getting distinct ejector marks. I imagine with a looser chamber and a longer throat 31 could be a usable load for someone.

I also think adjusting seating depth could remove some horizontal from that group but with dove season opening this weekend im not sure when i will get a chance to find out.

I have very similar to your gun specs.

Love 6BR. I thought it hasn't enough horsepower to reach 1,000 yards but it does!!! :)
I'm using it for PRS matches, 200 yards to 1,000 yards.

Trued Rem 700Police
Krieger HV at 28"
Twist rate: 1-7.5
McMillan A-5 Adj Cheek
Jewel BR Trigger
105gr Berger Target Hybrid
Varget - 31.2g
FPS:2914
Lapua brass
SIII 10-50x60 LRIRMOA

It always shoot in rag holes.

Attachments

• 6BR-105gr-3-shots-group.jpg
    6BR-105gr-3-shots-group.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Rem700P-6BR-Kreiger 28.jpg
    Rem700P-6BR-Kreiger 28.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 193
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.