Rem 700 .270 w/ Bergers

7mmSendaro

I have a friend who is interested in trying 130 grain VLDs in his REmington 700 BDL in .270. Does any one have any exprience if these will fit the magazine box with the bullet up to the lands?

Thanks guys.

I know the Berger 150gr. VLD fit my Remington 700xcr 270wsm box magazine with a little room to spare and that is seating them into the lands.

You should have more then enough room to be able to use as a repeater... I can seat 162g amax, 168g vld and 180g vld's to touch the lands in my rem 700 7 RM and I still have plenty of room...

7mmSendero,

Any results w/the Bergers in the 270?

I'm going to go with 140s in the Winnie and 150s in the Allen Mag. I'm about a grumpy as a guy can get as far as getting "the" custom bullets that the AM cartridge was designed for.

I've been running numbers all evening and the choice came down to Bergers or Accubonds. After my pig shoot I was pretty impressed with a 25 Cal 115 Berger's penetration and bone crushing abilities. The berger's win all the way around.

The 140s @ 3200 in the Winnie make it a 1K rifle, no problem. Pretty much spot on at 5 Mils drop as that rifle has a 10X mil dot scope.:)

In the Allen Mag, 140s @ 3600 or the 150s @ 3500 says a deer should be DRT @ as far as 1500 yds. The only bad thing which isn't really bad is that it limits the use of the AM for LR deer and yotes only and I kind of wanted to bag an elk with it.:mad:

No Berger results yet. I loaded some 130NBT for him this weekend that shot right a 5/8" groups consistently using H4831SC. I'm not sure he is going to let me experiment any further:D. His top end range is 400 yards so this load will probably work fine for him for now. He is using it for deer and antelope only right now.

This gun is amazing. It is a stock 700 BDL that I epoxy bedded. It shoots most anything well under MOA at 100 yards. Only bad thing is he won't sell it..................;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.