Rem 300 ultra mag loads

RCJ

I live in Texas and love to hunt. I also like to reload my own ammo., but have been out of practice for a few years due to various reasons. right now I am trying to reload for a Rem. 300 ultra mag. This gun belongs to my son and he keeps getting his head cut from his scope! He wants to get rid of the gun and I am trying to see if I can downsize the load to maybe a 30.06 size. And thus getting less kick back. Any help would be great. Thanks

Last edited:
I would suggest a muzzle brake. All the 300rums I have dealt with liked to be pushed. I have had best luck with H1000. Im not saying you cant down load them I just never seem to bea ble to get them to shoot good when I do.

I agree with screech. I tried to down load my uncles some for him but the accuracy went down with the powder charges. A muzzle break will definately help the felt recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts