Reloading/work bench ideas

Lead is fairly inert if stored properly in a cool dry place with powder and primers, don't grind it to powder and breath it, don't put it in your mouth and make sure to wash your hands after loading you should be just fine.
I'm also moving soon and thinking I might make my own "mounting plate" for my press, one that matches the hitch receiver on my pickup so that when I go shooting in the community pasture I can have a place to mount the press for load development.... I'm the only person I know of to come up with such a weird idea though so maybe there's a reason why nobody does this.

Lead is fairly inert if stored properly in a cool dry place with powder and primers, don't grind it to powder and breath it, don't put it in your mouth and make sure to wash your hands after loading you should be just fine.
I'm also moving soon and thinking I might make my own "mounting plate" for my press, one that matches the hitch receiver on my pickup so that when I go shooting in the community pasture I can have a place to mount the press for load development.... I'm the only person I know of to come up with such a weird idea though so maybe there's a reason why nobody does this.

Weather and wind...........
You can size, deprime and prime in a boat if you want too. To do serious loads on the back of a truck won't work. Sure the Lee cup powder dumpers work but the accuracy is lacking to say the least.

I appreciate all the feedback here everyone. I have a space I am hoing to out a bench in the house. I now need to come up with some schematics on what to build or buy. I think i want it to be big enough to clean, disassemble, and mount scopes etc.. being inside i need it to be light enough to move or have a way to disassemble it if need be but yet sturdy enough for pressure. Going to make a dedicated gun/reload room. Room size is about 10 feet wide by about 15 feet. Door size is narrow i an guessing maybe 30 inches. This is a room where the roof angle cuts into the head space like a attic so the side that I can't stand on i may make some shelving for powders and such and just have a flat top table. I will get some of the fab inline pieces to mount on top. Like someone else posted the redding press turret may be the route to go and have a everything set up and possibly swap turrets. I need to read on what types of equipment is needed to load because I know nothing about it. Looking to load 257 weatherby, 28 nosler, 300 win mag and 5.56 for rifle and load 45 lc 44 mag, 357 mag, 327 fed mag and 10 mm for handguns

Just make your bench portable and reload wherever if it becomes a problem. I've been reloading with this for years since my MIL moved in with us.
pP5HsY0l.jpg

Thats really cool, I could make a box to keep it in then also have a mount on the box to put it on then set it on a table or bench when i use it
Just make sure that the sidewall have an angle cut whatever you like and the bottom is twice as long as the side. If not if you have to exert force the whole thing will tip over.

Don't overthink the lead exposure unless your the guy making a living who gets credit for all the warning signs from California! Then by all means I tip my hat to you. The only thing going to get lead poisoning will be the animals you shoot!!
Yea after hearing everyone's opinions I don't think its a issue. I'm just new to it and askimg the silly noob stuff lol

Weather and wind...........
You can size, deprime and prime in a boat if you want too. To do serious loads on the back of a truck won't work. Sure the Lee cup powder dumpers work but the accuracy is lacking to say the least.
My scale isn't battery operated anyway, need to plug in, so I was planning to pre weigh powder and being diabetic I get tons of little airtight/watertight canisters to put test strips in and I was going to put pre-measured powder in those to simplify the field process. Brass can all be prepped and primed at home. Just dump powder of the desired weight, seat a bullet, crimp if desired and shoot. When I get home I can dump back the powder charges that didn't get used.

If you're familiar with word working benches they have 5/8" holes drilled in uniform patterns throughout the bench. That's what I use. It's been great for moving presses and trimmers around and allows them to be secured with bench dogs.

There is a really interesting fastener that is called a wood insert nut. While it may not have the strength for a press it can be handy for attaching things that you may want to remove quickly and maintain a flush bench. I use them for a powder hopper and for the Mec Grabber shotgun press.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.