Reloading Programs

jsali

Has anyone used the more advanced computer reloading programs available. If so which one seems to be the best. I want to pick one up but I'm wondering if it's worthwhile. I already have several manuals and have been reloading for years.

[ QUOTE ]
All I've used is QuikLoad, and can't even relate to looking up a load in a manual. Has worked fine for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Johnny5:

I also highly recommend QuickLoad. You will be amazed at the data you can get and the information available. It's the best money I've spent when it comes to reloading software. You can spend more money but for the bucks involved with QuickLoad it's hard to beat.

If you have any questions about QuickLoad just give Ed Dillon a call at 800-451-3550 between 9-5 Pacific time and he can answer any questions you might have. Nice guy and easy to work with.

Just keep the manuals and use them as references. It's interesting to take the loads in the manuals and run them through QuickLoad and look at the pressure curves etc.

You might also be surprised to see what powder and loads QuickLoad will come up with for your setup and pressure levels.

Got a wildcat that's not listed in the manuals anywhere? QuickLoad can modify cases and come up with the data you need.

I would also recommend Exbal, for your external ballistics, if you don't already have it.

Quickload is a reloading program. Not an external ballistic program. QuickTarget(that comes bundled with QL) maxes at 2700yds or 2469m.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.