Reloading Notes

Thanks fellows I keep some notes in each reloading box but going to try and get a little more detail oriented. Even more shooting notes with environmentals etc! Thanks again!
I used to keep a note sheet in every box of reloaded ammo. The problen is I live in Wyoming. So when I open the ammo box at the range, my note ends up in Nebraska in a very short time. d@mn Wyo wind.

I store my brass in zip lock bags. Each bag has a piece of paper in it. The paper has the following; cleaned(stainless), annealed, sized with, trimmed, ready. I just fill it in and check it off as I go. Put number of times loaded on the pack.

I use an app on my phone called "Range Buddy" for analyzing groups.....I save them to the cloud, and than print off the ones I want and stick in a load binder per caliber. As far as brass goes, I try keep the same brass in the same MGM case with a self adhesive sticker on them that has multiple rows for each loading. It's just a basic label, nothing fancy. There is a PDF of a basic box label attached....Print on Sticky backed paper and cut... I just put in X in the box for whats been done to the brass.... T=Trim, FLS=Full length Size, SB= Shoulder bump, ANL=Annealed. Another Trick is to type the info in the Top line before printing, (that way you can read your own handwriting) :rolleyes:, and just write "same" if it's the same load.

Also attached is a example of what you can get out of the app. I really like Randy's sheet though, As it combines it all on to one sheet! I do have the box label in an Excel sheet so you could add or change info as needed.....I'm sure there is some info left off it that someone would want.

Attachments

• 50 gr MTGB 1.jpg
    50 gr MTGB 1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 85
  • Ammo Box Label1.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 140
My 10-year Old Daughter is at her weekly gymnastics class and as much as I like watching her 20-something instructors contort themselves in body suits, it smells like a Stay-Free Maxipad commercial is going to break out in there, so I'm sitting outside on a transformer thinking about this thread. I keep my records on Targets, which I fold in Quarters and bind together with binder clamps by caliber. I write the date, powder charge, CBTO, primer, etc., with a fine point Sharpie on the target either on top or next to the group (if I happen to use the same target for a different rifle chamberd in the same caliber). It's archaic and old school and I often times spill PBR on the targets after the range session but they dry out and it works. I'm too scatter brained to manage anything electronically and my Ritalin is often wearing down by the time I get home from the range so this is the best approach for me.

1. 3 ring binder for each rifle
  2. Assign lot numbers to brass with reload number( example Lot# 6 reload# 5)
  3. Simple data sheet that tracks basic brass info like headspacing, sizing, trimming, specific load data. You can use fill & sign function to fill in as PDF or send me email for Word version.
  4. Label for MTM boxes with Load ID info.
  5. I developed an MS Access database years ago but since I have been retired for 7 years my MS Access db keyboard skills is fading fast! If anyone wants a copy, you are welcome to see what is and update as needed.

Attachments

• Reloading Data Sheet-A.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 2019.06.19.Generic Reloading Label.pdf
    10.6 KB · Views: 108
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts